First Steps Seymour
First Steps Seymour is a childcare and early education centre located in Sunnyvale, West Auckland, close to the train station and Parrs Park. We provide care and education for children aged from 2 to 5 years old. We offer morning and afternoon sessions, both part time and full day care, to best meet the needs of your family.
About First Steps Seymour
At First Steps Seymour, our teaching team are experienced and qualified in Early Childhood Education. We are enthusiastic about providing quality learning opportunities to all children in our care.
Your child’s development is recorded in an individual portfolio that reflects their learning interests and stages of development. Our families love our diversity and enjoy celebrating this together as a community.
Outside, our children are encouraged to actively explore the wonderful natural environment with lots of water and sand play. Inside, your child will be able to access a vast range of resources and equipment specifically chosen to encourage and support children’s learning and development.
• Free morning and afternoon sessions for 3 and 4 year olds
• Fun, friendship and learning
• Qualified teaching team
• Affordable rates, 20 ECE hours
• Morning and afternoon tea provided
• Excellent teacher to child ratios
Our Forest Kindy
Forest Kindy encourages children to take supported risks within the natural environment. It develops a sense of wonder and discovery in the outdoors, encouraging self-esteem, independence, confidence and creativity.
What children learn from our forest Forest Kindy:
- Children becoming familiar with the local environment and their place in it
- Exploring nature close up, asking questions and investigating to find the answers
- Understanding how to keep themselves safe, whether it is climbing a tree or crossing the road, children are given strategies and tools that they can use to make sure that they keep themselves and others safe
- Taking responsible risks; in our society children’s ability to take responsible risks is very limited, by giving them the tools and strategies for keeping safe children can begin to understand the implications of the risks that they take
Feel free to give us call or pop in to have a look through our happy, busy childcare centre and meet our friendly team.
For more information about the specific fees for your centre,
You might be eligible for support paying their childcare fees. For more information click here.
kind words from our parents
Now have my second child here & the team are just wonderful. Will.definitely be sending my next child here highly recommend this centre :)
I have recently transitioned my son to First Steps Seymour and Kash and the team have supported him in this move. I was so excited today when he recognised his name for the first time- the team here have played a huge roll in this. He loves the outdoor play area and the Kindy type atmosphere. Thank you so much to the team for welcoming us with open arms! We are loving it!
What we're proud of
LATEST STORIES FROM OUR BLOG
Over the past few months the children have been developing an understanding of Maori values and conceptsREAD MORE
BestStart Video First Steps Seymour
BestStart is a registered charity owned by the Wright Family Foundation. We support initiatives and programmes within BestStart and the wider ECE sector that support equitable outcomes for all children. We do this because we want to make a positive diffeREAD MORE
The children here at First Steps Seymour have been embracing the on-going hauora initiatives we are integrating into our daily curriculum by learning through play and physical movement.READ MORE