Support and Benefits
If you ask our people to use one word to describe BestStart as an employer the most common word they use is support. It’s just the way we do things around here. We care about you, so we have a range of benefits to support you and your family.
What we can offer you
As well as a flexible, inclusive and supportive culture, BestStart offers a range of benefits and resources to help you get the most out of working here.
Safe and well every day
Your health, safety and wellbeing is important to us at BestStart. Our Lead Team and Board are actively engaged in regular reviews of safety dashboards, hazard management and training. Our Mana Hauora holistic health and wellness programme equips you with the tools to build your resilience, to thrive and be your best self. We help you to explore your health and wellbeing in lots of different areas including mental and emotional, physical, social, spiritual and financial wellbeing.
We know how important it is to meaningfully connect and check in with our colleagues to see how they are feeling. Two of the tools we use as part of our rituals are the Wellbeing Traffic Light, and R U OK conversations.
A bit more about our benefits
• Subsidised health insurance with Southern Cross*
• Free annual flu vaccinations.
• Confidential counselling through EAP.
• Wellbeing programme.
• Employer contributions to KiwiSaver continue after 65.
• Sick days available from the day you start
Suporting your studies
• A supportive new teacher mentoring and induction programme.
• Paid study support for year 2 and 3 Teachers-in-Training*
• Online learning through Whare Ako.
• Want to learn something new? We will support you in taking your career to the next level.
• Multiple career pathways with wrap around support to help you grow your career, your way.
• Access to tailored PLD opportunities to suit your passions and interests.
• Informal and formal recognition.
• Leadership programme for current and future leaders.
• Generous centre equipment and resources.
• Time-saving and engaging technology such as Storypark.
• A community hub for staff to meet, learn and ask questions.
• Your voice matters - we use your insights and feedback to shape our future.
Extras for teachers
• Paid first-aid attendance and course.
• Paid teacher registration.
• Pay Parity in our centres.
Work & home
• 50% off childcare fees*
• Flexibility if you need support.
• One week additional leave for 10 years long service recognition.
• Refer a Qualified Teacher and receive $2000*
• Access to discounted after school care in selected locations*
We look forward to supporting you on your journey when you are ready to join us!
*Terms & Conditions apply