October School Holidays at Community Kindy
The benefit of enrolling at a BestStart centre is that we are open all year round to cater to your families needs!
We provide an awesome school holiday programme to keep children entertained and busy.
Here's a snapshot of what our tamariki got up to during the October school holidays:
- We had Trumpet the elephant visit us with the message of not putting wet wipes down the toilet. The children loved singing and dancing with Trumpet and sharing this message with their families on pick up.
- We had a sustainability day in which the children did gardening and learned about recycling materials into other things. They were very proud of their bottle top wind chimes.
- We did junior master chef and the children made fried rice and cookies. So many math and science learning opportunities when cooking!
- We had a teddy bear picnic with our very own Rosie Bear!
- We had a dress up and face paint day in which the children loved expressing themselves.
- A trip to the park was a good opportunity to get out and about and learn all about safety and also challenge ourselves in a new environment.
- We had messy and sensory play. Hawaiian Luau and so much more!
All these opportunities provided such valuable learning experiences and opportunities. This links to Te Whariki's Mana Tangata - Contribution. Opportunities for learning are equitable, and each child's contribution is valued.